Sunday, August 23, 2009

Another year ...

So my last year of graduate starts tomorrow. I'm feeling a mixture of excitement and anxiousness. I can't wait to see where this year takes me but I am already stressing out over all of the work and the research project. I was talking to my mom tonight about the goals that I have set for myself. I feel like I've done a great job so far in following my dreams and achieving them. I started thinking some more about what I want out of life. I really feel like lately I've changed my focus on life and I feel so much better about it. I'm going to start living my life more instead of freaking out and worrying over it like crazy. This includes all aspects - including my non-existant love life but you know what? I am so much better off alone right now than stuck in a relationship with some loser. And I'm learning to stick up for myself more when it comes to relationships. The way I see it, whoever I end up with is going to be so incredibly lucky to have me. So there. Come on, life, show me what you got.

So let's take a look at some goals that I have for my life ...
- get a job at Johns Hopkins Hospital in their cancer center
- become certified in American Sign Language at Gallaudet University in DC
- get a PhD in Clinical Social Work
- visit all 50 states
- see more of the world
- become a homeowner

I'll have to see if I can find the list of goals that I made for myself a couple of years ago.

Now I need to get ready for school tomorrow and figure out where my classes are ... and probably look at the three readings I was supposed to have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment