Sunday, February 7, 2010

All I Can Say...

I cannot wait until I graduate. Seriously. And I think grad students lie to grad students behind them in school so that they don't lose hope and give up. My first semester everyone ahead of me said don't worry this is the hardest semester. Then, the second semester was harder. I was told not to worry because it was really the hardest one. Third semester was insane with the amount of work. And here I am now, in my final semester. I feel so overwhelmed with school work. I'm burnt out. And everyone said this one was the easiest. I also understand that I have more work than the other students in my cohort because my supervisor thought it would be a good learning tool for me to write process recordings each week. Good grief. I also have a weekly log and a research paper. But those are the manageable things. What is killing me are the process recordings and a paper I'm working on for internship.

I cannot wait to graduate. I cannot wait to be done with papers. I cannot wait to be done with process recordings. I cannot wait to be done with journals. Or research papers. Or homework. Or Capstone.

I cannot wait to sleep. I cannot wait to have a life. I cannot wait to be able to practice social work without being micro managed.

3 months 6 days

2 comments:

  1. amen and amen. I am burnt out and I don't even have to do a process recording per week. i am just trying to figure out what I am going to record for my project this week since conversations with my clients are through an interpreter and not really what the assignment is all about. hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate case presentations. I'm working on mine now and it's not fun. I'm frustrated with my supervisor and I know it's going to show in my process recording.

    ReplyDelete