Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Vacation!

Actually, it's more like a staycation. One of the perks of being PRN is that I get to make my own schedule. The basic rule of thumb is: you work, you get paid; you don't work, you don't get paid. Obviously, it's a lot more beneficial to be on the working side but, at times, one must look at their workload and decide if they need a break. This couldn't come at a better time for me. After last week's awful mishaps, I think a break is in order.

My friend, JM, is coming in tomorrow for four days. I made sure not to schedule any on call shifts and am taking Thursday and Friday off. I'm so excited to have some time to explore this city. JM did a lot of research too and sent me a list of some possible fun things to do. However, I am choosing to ignore the Wildflower Center and beach volleyball. No thanks. I am excited though about going to a preserve and seeing peacocks ... or peafowl as the website keeps saying. Luckily, JM doesn't get in until 11:20 tomorrow, so I'll get to sleep in. Thank goodness, I'm sooooo exhausted. All this work tires a gal out.

Stay tuned to hear about my adventures this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment