Monday, July 27, 2009

Days like these make me love my job...

Ok, so tonight at work, I decided to give out some stuffed animals to all of the kids. They went crazy over them. It was great to see them all happy. About an hour later, one of the girls comes up and asks for a high five (see post before .. I'm not a hugger) and thanks me for the stuffed animal. She was the only one to thank me. It's not that I wanted to be thanked but it's always nice to see the kids exercise polite manners. So I went and found her mother and let her know that out of all the shelter kids, her daughter was the only one to thank me. The mom then told me that she needed to speak with me. We walked out of the office and she told me that she appreciated everything that I did. She said that I'm always radiant, have a smile on my face, and am positive. She said that I'm the one person that her kids are always talking about and that she is just really glad that I'm there. She said that I need to do this for a living (which I assured her I was) because I have "it". She then told me not to have kids because she apparently doesn't want me missing work. Ha!

Side note: This is written on my new pair of TOMS which I love!!
If the world was a village of 100 people:
- 1 has AIDS
- 3 are slaves
- 14 are illiterate
- 2o are malnourished
- 23 drink polluted water
- 25 have no shelter
- 30 are unemployed
- 33 have no electricity
- 40 have no shoes
- 43 live on less than $2 a day
- 48 have no sanitation
- 58 have parasites
Just something to think about!

1 comment: