Wednesday, July 22, 2009

trying to let go and let God...

Ok, so yesterday I got an email from Johns Hopkins about my upcoming internship there (yes, I am interning at THE Johns Hopkins Hospital!!) and whoa did I ever get information overload. I decided to just close the email and go back to it later because I do not need to start worrying about it now. That didn't work. I got an email today from my research professor this fall saying he wants us to get a headstart on our research projects. The same research projects that we have to present to the community in May and basically determine whether or not we graduate. Yikes! So of course I haven't begun to think about the research project because that's completely overwhelming in itself. I sat down tonight and read through the email again and sent off a ton of questions.

I know that I wanted to come back to graduate school and I really want to be a social worker but oh my goodness is this ever stressful beyond belief. I don't know how people do this and not freak out. I'm trying not to but it really is hard. I think the whole problem is that I have always been the type to just take the backseat. I stress out way too easily over things so I have always tended to avoid the "hard" things. I've been thinking about this for awhile now. I really need to stop sitting on the sidelines and letting life pass me by because it's stressful or too much change. Johns Hopkins is a once in a lifetime opportunity that I really can't pass up so I need to suck it up and do whatever it takes to make this happen. I really need to start living my life instead of watching it pass me by.

No comments:

Post a Comment