Friday, July 24, 2009

Respect my bubble!

Pretty short post here but I need to rant. Ugh, I hate to be touched. Seriously. At work, when the kids run and try to hug me, I quickly tell them that I'm a high-fiver and not a hugger. I don't mind hugging little kids that I'm watching or my nephews or my mom or Mandy but my list of people I hug is really short. I just like my space and don't like it being violated ... MUCHLESS BY COWORKERS! Oh yes, yours truly got a back rub/pat today from a person at work. This person has already been informed that I do not like to be touched but she did it again today! I need to start working on how to handle this. I just don't think it's right for people to think it's okay to touch people in a workplace setting and I don't think it's okay for people to say oh, so and so's harmless or doesn't mean anything by it. It's inappropriate. PERIOD.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha! i know that made you soooo uncomfortable. we're gonna have to come up with some way to take care of that problem with the aforementioned co-worker...

    ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did already flat out tell her that you don't liked to be touched...haha. sorry she didn't listen. tell her i said hi next time you see her though. it will make her feel special :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taryn ~ I know you told her and that's what made it that much worse!! I'm going to have to start telling her that I'm a high-fiver!

    ReplyDelete