Friday, February 18, 2011

Time in the ED

Today was .... chaotic, nonstop, never ending, insane. I didn't even have a chance to go to the bathroom. I was in the ED all day long but I loved it. I never thought that psych would be where I found a passion but I have. I love working on call at night because I know that if I get called in it's for that. Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective, Bipolar Disorder, Suicide Attempts, active hallucinations and delusions - these are all my usual calls. I really thought that I would detest psych and even passed on a job interview because of that but I feel like I have found a department where I fit. I love oncology but I'd be happy in the ED or a psych ward too ..... as a social worker, not a patient.

Hmm, maybe I should go back to school for psychiatry instead of PhD in social work??

No comments:

Post a Comment