Sunday, January 10, 2010

I haven't begun to procrastinate yet!

I know I should be working on my paper but really I lack the motivation today. I got up for church but then was too lazy to shower and get ready. Instead I went back to sleep. I'm a heathen, I know. Anyway, I really need to get my paper done while it's still daylight outside!

Last night, I had an absolutely wonderful date with I. I picked him up and we drove out to the Greenbelt metro station and rode into DC. It was freezing and by the time we got from the station to the club where the tango lessons were being held, we were frozen to the bone. I couldn't feel my toes and his hands were like ice. We had fun learning the dance steps. I had thought that dance lessons would be a fun activity and while they are, I realized when learning a sultry dance like the tango, it's a little more intimate than one would have anticipated. But really what I liked most about the evening was the fact that it was so comfortable with him. His saying is that you have two ears and one mouth, so he listens more than he talks. Our silences (though few and far between) were so comfortable. And when we were talking, we realized that we share a lot of the same values. It was nice to spend time with someone who understands why you're so passionate about causes or supports you in your goals without any criticism. We went grocery shopping when we got back from DC because there wasn't a restaurant open except for fast food and neither of us likes to eat that stuff. So we got some things for dinner and had a picnic in his apartment of vegetarian chicken nuggets, tangerines, and tomatoes. Yum! The thoughts running through my head were surprising but, for some reason, I am completely comfortable with how I'm feeling. I think it's safe to say that I do like this guy and I know that he likes me. It helps that he doesn't play any games and is open about his feelings. I am so excited to see how the future plays out and I can't wait to see him again :-)


3 comments:

  1. umm. what paper are you avoiding? am i supposed to be doing something? crap. glad it went well. this is all very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to do my log/journal but for the sake of all the non SW people who read this (I think only 1!) I just call it a paper. And I don't like the new format at all! Too many questions to answer.
    Yes, it is all very exciting. It makes my heart happy :-)
    Um, can we please catch up soon??

    ReplyDelete