Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 2

So I lied.

I didn't run yesterday.

I was going to but then I started reading online about running and it said to start off with twice a week. I was aiming for five times. So I decided not to run yesterday. But I also decided not to listen to the internet and start off with three times a week.

So I ran today. I did a little more than half of what I did on Monday but managed to do it in 15 minutes which is half the time of Monday. I had a lot of excuses not to do it but I knew that if I skipped today, it would be just as easy to skip Saturday. K needed me to watch the kids while she went to the food co-op and sorted produce. It was also sprinkling. I didn't mind the shorter run.

I need to figure out how to run with something over my mouth. I hate cold weather running because it almost burns when you breathe. Not fun at all. I don't know how to solve this problem.

I also realize I should invest in another hoodie. I only have one right now which will probably start to smell real good if I don't wash it soon. I think next time I run, I'll break out the iPod shuffle. It helps to have music. Plus on Saturday I plan on running further than I did on Monday.

Fun times.

I hope that by the time I get back to Waco, I'm running daily and around the Bear Trail. I also want to supplement it with kayaking and biking. I love the high I get after running. Oh, how I have missed those endorphins.

No comments:

Post a Comment