Friday, March 26, 2010

Don't like to use the word "hate" but ...

I HATE research. HATE.

Don't get me wrong here. I can appreciate research and all the advances that are a result of it. I hate doing it myself. It's not my thing. Let me interact with people and talk to them and help them. Don't make me write papers using words like methodology, qualitative analysis, and data collection. This has been such a struggle for me. And the scary part is I told my sister tonight that I only have five weeks of school left and am at the point where I'm thinking "why bother". This is not good. She has her Master's in Experimental Statistics so she knows what I'm going through. She said the last semester really does suck and it gets hard and you don't want to continue but it's manageable. She always knows what to say to make me feel better.

She's my best friend. We're alike in so many ways. We shared a bedroom growing up so it's hard being so far away now. I miss her. My favorite thing is that no matter how old we get, we can revert back to childlike antics easily. And we're always there for each other. After she got married, her husband went out of town for the weekend. She called me at 11 pm, asking me to spend the night and bring ice cream :-)


Ok, time to get back to research.

No comments:

Post a Comment